Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Katie gets some TLC (Transformational Leadership Council)




My trip to the TLC (Transformational Leadership Council), a motley group of seminar leaders and various other transformative types, was magical from the beginning. I have had many psychic, astrological and other woo woo readings saying that now is the time, Kate, opportunities are going to come to you now, in all areas––like love and work... Well, love is certainly showing up everyday in its myriad forms. This opportunity was about both love and work.

The way I got to this members-only council of 49 folks meeting in Cabo San Lucas was beyond magical. I was lying in my Mosh Pit (a furry power spot in front of my fireplace) one afternoon. A client had just cancelled, and I had decided to do some spiritual sadhana, so I was relaxing with the Victoria's Secret catalog. Someone I didn't know came to the door and knocked. Long story short, she turned out to be the adorable Marci Shimoff, editor of the Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul books. Not knowing why she was there, I offered her some homemade chicken soup, which made her laugh hysterically.
"You don't know who I am, do you?" she said.
"Well, no..." I answered, wondering if she might be my fairy godmother. Turned out that she had previously interviewed me for her new book on Happiness, which will consist of stories of people who found happiness through––ahem––unconventional pathways (like being picked to the soul-bones on a meathook). The result of our meeting was that she invited me to the Cabo conference and got me in as a presenter, which was a big deal. Thanks Marci.

The moral of this and most stories in my life these days is that I am manifesting through surrender. The Victoria's Secret catalog may be an esoteric key, also.

At the 5-day Cabo Conference I gave my Zero Point Field slideshow and experiential presentation on soulwave and dynamic intelligence. The wave got itself across and has set new waves and adventures in motion: Many people have been contacting me, wanting to continue the work after just a few minutes' taste of the wave. Jack Canfield, the organizer and founder of TLC, really seemed to "get" the significance of soulwave. The folks at Centerpointe (Bill Harris' Holosynch tape business) are inviting us up to Portland to give a training in March (see schedule on www.soulwave.org).

The white-haired dude on the whale-watching boat with me, Steve and Alice (who are Taoist geniuses) is Jack Canfield. He created the Chicken Soup for the Soul series (against all odds) and a recent book, The Success Principles. I found him to be quite angelic - nothing like the alpha male one would expect from a success guru. He carries a strong, fatherly authority like a powerful man, yet he is virtually ego-less in his openness to people and new ideas (mine about the wave, for example, which he mentioned in his talk which came after mine). He radiates a humility and kindness that make him adored by everyone, although he barely seems to notice it. We sat on the plane together and discussed our strange former lives and soulwave and books.



The guy with the gourd is Fred Johnson from Florida, a new friend. He is a scorchin' drummer/musician, and also a mind-bending improviser. He sang a song at the beginning and end of each session which somehow summed up what we had just done or were about to do - kind of like the Wayne Brady of the consciousness set. (Don't know Wayne? Watch Whose Line Is It Anyway!). Fred was also really down with soulwave, and he and I are looking for some fun projects to collaborate on. Keep an eye out for him in a training sometime soon!



The goddesses in the water are me and my roommates and buds practicing our synchronized swimming moves, but apart from this very early morning exercise, which really did begin in orange light like the dawn pic at the top, we were in sessions all day and evening. Very intense, very profound. Lots of wonderful people who have become new friends and potential colleagues.

I loved it because I got to hang out with people who have been doing the kind of thing I've been doing for decades. It's like a sort of training leaders' guild. I had all kinds of conversations I have been wanting to have forever, but I only know a few people who successfully do what I do. I came away more determined than ever to keep surrendering to the miraculous unfoldment of my life's work as it is being pulled forth from the strange attractor in my future...

In other words, I was NOT inspired to come home and push! Nonetheless, abundant opportunities have emerged from this fabulous experience. A win/win. Thank you, Life.

Meanwhile life has moved on, and we will soon post pics of the very blissful new Soulwave One grads from last weekend. Our man Dave filmed the whole thing, and we are hoping to get a DVD and CDs out of it.

Most are going on to Soulwave Two at Harbin next month, February 24-March 3. I'll be there. Will you? Be there or be linear! (We're doing a one day make-up for people who want to do the Meltdown at Harbin but couldn't make the last Soulwave One.
Check with Sarah at 415-847-3529 right away to be included).

More soon. New stuff at www.soulwave.org (see testimonials).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?